1. How long does a typical initial earthquake last?
- 30 Seconds
- One minute
- 10 seconds
- 2 Seconds
2. What scale is used to measure earthquakes?
- Motion Scale
- Richter Scale
3. The range of a Richter scale is:
- 1 to 10
- 1 to 100
- 1 to 5
- 1 to 50
4. Earthquakes are most common in which one of these countries?
5. Which plate in the Earth’s crust causes the most earthquakes?
- Pacific plate
- Antarctic plate
- North American plate
- Eurasian plate
6. Which one of these natural disasters can sometimes be caused by a earthquake?
7. What causes earthquakes?
- Meteorites hitting Earth
- A build-up of lava
- Plates rubbing together
8. Which layer do earthquakes occur in?
9. What is the center of an earthquake called?
10. Energy waves from large earthquakes can move through large portions of the Earth.